November 16, 2011


Hello all,

It's been a while. But with good reason.


The deal fell through (yep, that's twice now) and once again it had nothing to do with the content. I won't go into the details only to say that at least it had nothing to do with what I had written. 


I'm beginning to think I'm cursed.


But I'm sure there's thousands of other 'horror' stories from other writers. Knowing that doesn't help, doesn't ease the sting. 


It's been almost three months since I received the news. I guess that's how long it's taken me to get over it. Still not sure that's the truth. In that time I've written less than two thousand words. I've swapped jobs to one that affords me almost zero time to write (and less money, I might add). I'm only now sensing what's been going on, what's been occurring around me, blinding me, hobbling my creativity and spark, not only for writing. 


Writing isn't something I'm about to give up on, I love it too much. Rather it's more like an extended break. A few months might not seem like a great deal, but to someone that wrote five days a week , going cold-turkey for this long is a very strange, very unique and unsettling experience.


Where I left off has me in between editing Bad Blood, editing Double Insight, and writing a new, as yet untitled novel. This new piece has me steering towards Sci-Fi/Horror, something that is very close to my heart. The urge to return to my partway written story is there, and some days I almost make it, but so far there is always something else in the way, something supposedly more important.
But I know the day won't be too far away.


Anyway. My short-ish fifty-thousand word novel TOPSIDERS is with a new publisher. I know it's good, but whether it's a match, only time will tell. 


Hopefully I'll be back soon with some good news.


But then again, it might be best to wait.


ST 

No comments:

Post a Comment